PROFESSIONAL ORTHOPAEDICS ASSOCIATES, LTD. SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
HR/Employee social media policy:
- If you are a POAL employee you must adhere to the POAL MEDIA AND SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY.
- You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information on any Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-POAL physicians.
- Know and follow the Company Confidentiality Agreement and HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules. You are prohibited from posting any content about a patient, including but not limited to the patient’s name, photo, age, or any other personal information unless the patient has signed the proper authorization (POAL Social Media Consent Form).
- As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: (I) violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; (II) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in POAL’s discretion; (III) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (IV) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (V) harass another; (VI) collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; (VII) or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- You may not provide any content to a Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
We encourage your comments on POAL Social Media sites, and hope you will join the discussions. We also expect a basic level of civility; mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language will immediately be removed from our site. POAL reserves the right to remove or delete any content or other information or materials submitted by Users.
You agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by POAL in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Professional Orthopaedics Associates, Ltd. against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, POAL suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.